Last Modified: May 15, 2019
Collection of Personal Information
To use our website, purchase products from us and to establish an account, we collect the following personal information:
- Billing and shipping address;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Comments, feedback, reviews and other information you upload or provide to the Website;
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address information may be logged by our e-commerce software providers, servers and Website;
- Website statistics and analytics data collected by third-party software providers and who may use ‘cookies’ in doing so. Such this party providers include Google LLC and their affiliates who offer Google Analytics. For more information visit Google’s information page at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage;
- Profile photos and other images where you elect to upload them; and
- All other information you elect to provide on our Website or otherwise, including as part of the purchasing process.
Credit Card and Payment Processing Companies
Our Website may also collect credit card and payment information from you using online forms that direct the information to a third-party payment provider. While we do not store your credit card number ourselves, we may have access to your name, the name on the credit card, the credit card expiration date and other details via our payment processors. Their additional terms of service and privacy policies may apply to the collection and use of your personal information.
Our payment processors currently include PayPal Canada Co. and their affiliated entities, in addition to Square Canada, Inc. and their affiliated entities. If you have questions regarding our payment processors, please contact us.
Providing us With the Personal Information of Someone Else
The Use of Your Personal Information
You agree that the collection of personal information may be used to:
- Ship products you order from us. This includes providing personal information to third party shipping entities;
- Facilitate payment with our third-party payment processors;
- Bill and collect money owed to us, including by way of third-party accounting and invoicing software providers;
- Promote our Website and product offerings to you in various forms of communication, including via email. You may elect to unsubscribe from promotional offers at any time by following the links in the footer of any promotional emails, or by contacting us via the Website;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials from us, our partners, suppliers, advertisers or third parties to you;
- Provide you with customer support on using the Website or products purchased from us;
- Facilitate your ability to login to your account;
- Communicate with you about your account, our products and facilitate returns and exchanges;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- To meet legal requirements; and
- To enforce compliance with any terms and conditions and applicable law.
Disclosure Pursuant to Court Order, Subpoena or Other Legal Process
We reserve the right to provide your content and personal information uploaded or collected by our Website to third parties if required by law (such as in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process in any jurisdiction), and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of any criminal or civil matter.
If we are required by law to make any disclosure of your content or personal information, we may, but are not obligated to, provide you with written notice (to the extent permitted by law) prior to such disclosure so that you may take appropriate action.
The Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Access to It
We may share personal information with our suppliers, advertisers, partners and employees to use that information in connection with one or more of the purposes for which that personal information was collected.
We also operate the Websites in conjunction with our independent contractors. Our independent contractors may have access to, and store your personal information, in providing services to us or providing you with access to the Website. We may use a variety of service providers, servers, online software providers, advertisers and employees in locations both inside and outside of Canada, which may make your personal information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
- Our email and data hosting providers include Google LLC together with their affiliated entities worldwide. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://policies.google.com;
- Our Website hosting provider is BigCommerce Pty. Ltd., together with their affiliated entities worldwide. For more information on their privacy practices please seehttps://www.bigcommerce.com/privacy/; and
- Our email marketing provider is The Rocket Science Group LLC, a company headquartered in the State of Georgia in the United States, who operate MailChimp. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
We also use Facebook Pixel, offered by Facebook, Inc. and their affiliated and related entities, which provides us with analytics and insights in to your use of our website. If you are a Facebook user, Facebook Pixel helps us target advertising to you via Facebook, Inc.’s platforms (Facebook and Instagram) based on the various pages you visit on our website. For more information about Facebook Pixel, see https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/facebook-ads-pixel.
We may also disclose your personal information to our successors (if our business or the Website is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED, AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. If you would like us to delete your personal information, please contact us.